Job title: Gas Service Operations Manager
Reports to: Managing Director
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced gas safe qualified operations manager who will have overall responsibility for leading and managing our growing service, response and maintenance team managing both domestic and commercial contracts.
This is a senior management role, reporting directly to the Board of Director’s, You are experienced in CRM and IT, able to manage budgets, commercially focussed and results driven. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to further develop within the company
Main duties and responsibilities
You will be responsible for leading the Operations & Admin team and successfully managing and maintaining a highly motivated, engaged and performing team.
- Health and safety – Responsible for overseeing all aspects of Health and Safety for the department, ensuring compliance with current regulation/ legislation standards. (e.g. Gas Safety Regs, OFTEC) and delivery of tool box talks etc.
- Overseeing the effective use of resources and materials to ensure that all jobs are completed in a quality way, on time and within budget.
- Ensuring that performance management processes and reviews are carried out effectively for the overall team and direct reports:-
- Setting of objectives and supporting PDPs (Personal Development plans) in accordance with company goals/ vision
- Supporting the Health, Safety & Compliance Manager to ensure that all engineers’ training and qualifications are up to date
- Ensuring excellent levels of communication are maintained both within the team, and equally with our customer and clients
- Positively drive and champion company process changes to improve our delivery and existing service offering to our customers/ clients
- Proactively manage and grow our existing client relationships to ensure we are exceeding our customer expectations by adding additional value and service offerings to our contracts
- Overseeing the effective mobilisation of any new contracts
- Active and effective participation and contribution in Senior Management/ Client meetings and other monthly meetings including the provision of reports and analysis to highlight operations performance, risks and opportunities and any actions taken to improve any shortfalls.
- Ensuring that all financial and performance KPI targets are monitored, tracked and achieved in all commercial contracts.
- Ensuring that the team are contributing to the overall reputation, sustainability and growth of the Business. This includes:
- Ensuring that service and quality standards are compliant and that the Gregor Guarantee and values are understood and delivered by all staff
- Overseeing and managing the departmental budget ensuring that all spend is line with expectations
- Working closely with other Managers, to identify and develop new and existing business opportunities and to support tenders for maintenance contracts.
MD, Board Directors & Senior Managers
Clients, H & S Consultant, sales merchants, HR Consultant, Contracts Managers
Qualifications & training
- Gas safe qualified (essential)
- Other fuels qualifications such as oil, MCS etc
- Management training
- IOSH Managing Safely/ Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme/ Site Management Safety Training Scheme/ NBOSH Management of Health & Safety or similar
- Proven track record of managing multi-disciplinary teams (essential)
- Good understanding of Health, Safety, compliance and quality standards (essential)
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Commercial Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and man management skills (essential)
- Excellent IT Skills (essential)
- Motivational and positively engaging with your team to deliver company best practise (essential)
- Good Technical Knowledge (essential)
- Familiar with Microsoft Dynamics (CRM)
- Propeller (field service management system)
Gregor Heating’s Values
Passion –We are passionate about the quality of our work and the service we provide to our customers, suppliers and each other
Pride –We are proud of our Company and our reputation and are committed to being the best we can
Professionalism –We are qualified and well trained team, always behaving in a professional manner treating everyone with courtesy, respect and consideration
Protective –We will protect the reputation and sustainability of our business and are accountable for every decision we make. We are trusted and reliable
Proactive –We are forward thinking. We use the very best technology, equipment and training to always be able to provide the best solution for the customer