Reporting To: Financial Controller
Staff Responsibilities: Finance Department
Salary Range: £28,000 – £35,000 plus benefits depending on experience
Directly reporting to the Financial Controller, this is a key role within the Finance Department and the wider business. Ensuring high standards of financial integrity, rigour, governance and controls are in place and providing guidance to 2 Finance bookkeeping staff.
The post holder will work closely with the Operations Director in the maintenance of tight cost control and monitoring of project profitability for large projects. Therefore some experience of working in a project and contract service business is preferred.
Roles and responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for the maintaining of accurate Project revenues and payments made.
- Reconciling of Project Customer accounts to the payment statements from Customers.
- Flagging of any anomalies and monthly follow up with the Operations Director and Financial Controller
- Liaison where necessary with customer QS and accounts departments to assist in the resolving of variances in payment certificates.
- Assisting with the figures to confirm the Final Account values with customers.
- Maintenance of project costing labour analysis to support the monthly Project Profitability reporting
- Review of material costing to ensure correct project analysis in Sage.
- To assist in the development of tenders, business cases and new build pricing schedules and set up and develop controls to measure, track and report performance
- Develop, manage and maintain Project accounting and management reporting systems, using Sage 50 and Excel.
- Assist in the monthly and annual accounting close.
- Assist with the timely preparation of monthly management accounts and reports for overall Company and departments (including variance analysis and commentary)
- Assist with the provision of key financial metrics and performance indicators for the business.
- Assist with the preparation of the company annual budget.
Qualifications & training
- Part qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- Degree (desirable)
- Experience of working in a Project or Contracts service led organisation e.g. facilities management, construction, etc.
- Experience of working in an SME (desirable)
- Experience of project/contract accounting (desirable)
Qualities and attitude
- Hands on approach
- Strong communication skilss
- Strong commercial acumen
- Strong analytical skill
- Attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills
- Working knowledge of SAGE
Directors & all senior management team
Accountants, auditors, banks, clients & suppliers
Passion –We are passionate about the quality of our work and the service we provide to our customers, suppliers and each other
Pride –We are proud of our Company and our reputation and are committed to being the best we can
Professionalism –We are qualified and well trained team, always behaving in a professional manner treating everyone with courtesy, respect and consideration
Protective –We will protect the reputation and sustainability of our business and are accountable for every decision we make. We are trusted and reliable
Proactive –We are forward thinking. We use the very best technology, equipment and training to always be able to provide the best solution for the customer