Reporting To: Financial Controller
Staff Responsibilities: Finance Department
Directly reporting to the Financial Controller, this is a key role within the Finance Department as well as business partnering with key stakeholders across the business (outside of finance). Ensuring high standards of financial integrity, rigour, governance and controls are in place and providing guidance to 2 Finance bookkeeping staff.
The post holder will work closely with the Directors and senior management team in the maintenance of tight cost control and monitoring of project profitability for large projects/ contracts. Therefore experience of working in a project and contract service business is preferred.
This is a progressive role where there will be further opportunities to expand your career at Gregor Heating in time. In the first instance with support from our Financial Controller you will be responsible for developing and expanding our financial analysis across our ongoing projects and contracts. Experience and knowledge of implementing process change will therefore be required.
Once this area has been established we would be looking for this role to take over the wider review of the Finance function and to incorporate the monthly management reporting, cashflow management and supporting of the Finance department staff.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for the maintaining of accurate Project/ Contract revenues and payments made.
- Reconciling of Project/ Contract Customer accounts to the payment statements from Customers.
Flagging of any anomalies and monthly follow up with the Operations Director and Financial Controller
- Liaison where necessary with client QS and accounts departments to assist in the resolving of variances in payment certificates.
- Preparation of figures to confirm the Final Account values with customers.
- Maintenance of project costing labour analysis to support the monthly Project Profitability reporting
- Review of material costing to ensure correct project analysis in Sage.
- To assist in the development of tenders, business cases and new build pricing schedules and set up and develop controls to measure, track and report performance
- Develop, manage and maintain Project accounting and management reporting systems, using Sage 50 and Excel.
- Lead and participate in the monthly and annual accounting close, ensuring timelines, accuracy. Completeness and compliance with regulatory and company policy.
- Timely preparation of monthly management accounts and reports for overall Company and departments (including variance analysis and commentary)
- Collating the provision of key financial metrics and performance indicators for the business.
- Assist with the preparation of the company annual budget.
|Qualifications & Training||Part Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)||Degree level education|
|Experience||Experience of working in a Project or Contracts service led organisation preferred. E.g. Facilities Management, Construction etc.||Experience of working in an SME|
|Qualities & Attitude||Strong team player and enjoys being in a hands on role|
|Excellent Communication skills|
|Take full ownership of the role and relationships with stakeholders|
|Proactive approach in seeking guidance and supporting problem solving|
|Strong commercial acumen|
|Strong analytical skills|
|Attention to detail|
|Technical Knowledge||Advanced Excel skills|
|Working knowledge of SAGE|
Internal- Directors & all senior management team
External – Accountants, auditors, banks, clients & suppliers
Gregor Heating’s Values
Passion –We are passionate about the quality of our work and the service we provide to our customers, suppliers and each other
Pride –We are proud of our Company and our reputation and are committed to being the best we can
Professionalism –We are qualified and well trained team, always behaving in a professional manner treating everyone with courtesy, respect and consideration
Protective –We will protect the reputation and sustainability of our business and are accountable for every decision we make. We are trusted and reliable
Proactive –We are forward thinking. We use the very best technology, equipment and training to always be able to provide the best solution for the customer