Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer when you visit a website. This site uses a range of cookies including cookies that provide anonymised tracking data to Google Analytics and Click Tale to help us improve users’ experience of the site, as detailed in point 12 of our GDPR policy displayed below.
Changes to this policy
The personal data we collect
We collect only such personal data as is provided to us voluntarily by visitors to this website. For example, should you choose to contact us using the form on www.gregorheating.co.uk/contact we will collect your name, email address and any other information you voluntarily supply to us using the form. Please note that all of our telephone calls are recorded but no data will be passed on to any third party. For more information about this visit Oftel.
What we do with the personal data we collect
We use the personal data we collect solely in accordance with the purpose for which it was submitted unless we have obtained your specific consent for other uses or as required and permitted by applicable law.
Disclosure of the personal data we collect
We may share your personal information with carefully selected third party businesses that provide us with support services (e.g. our web hosting company, marketing agency and IT service provider) in the legitimate interest of their being able to carry out those services on our behalf. Information shared with our marketing agency will not be used for direct marketing purposes unconnected with Gregor’s business, and will not be shared with or sold to any other parties.
We may also share your information with third parties if we are under a duty to comply with a legal obligation to do so.
How we store the personal data we collect
We are committed to ensuring that any personal data we collect is secure; and in order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure any personal data collected by us.
Links to other websites
Your ability to access collected information
You may request a copy of the details of any personal data which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Act (2016). An administration fee may be payable as described in point 10 of our GDPR policy displayed below. If you would like a copy of the information we hold on you or are concerned that the information we hold may be incorrect please contact us on 0117 935 2400. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Your right to request the deletion of your personal information
Your consent to the retaining of any personal data by Gregor or by its third-party providers of support services may be revoked by a request made by you in writing from a verifiable source to have it deleted, as described in Point 5 of our GDPR policy displayed below.
Please note that where you have previously made purchases from us, we may still have statutory bookkeeping-related obligations to retain proofs of purchase for seven years from the time of purchase.
You may opt out of receiving further marketing-related communications from us at any time by requesting this.
- We (Steve Gregor Plumbing and Heating Limited, hereafter Gregor) do not and shall not in any circumstance sell or give your personal data to third parties, unless required to by a court order or judgement. The only circumstances under which we may authorise third parties to process or store your data on our behalf are outlined below.
- Consent to be added to our newsletter mailing list may be presumed in the absence of express instructions to the contrary if you are an existing customer of Gregor or if you have voluntarily given your business card to a representative of Gregor. This is in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (2016) consideration (47) (p. 27) and Article 6 part 1. (f) (p. 119). Our mailing list data are stored on a third-party server.
- Consent to be included on our newsletter mailing list may be revoked by any subject at any time by expressing to Gregor a wish to be removed or unsubscribed from it either in writing or by electronic communication from a verifiable source.
- Consent for us to retain any electronic, postal, telephone-based and live communications made to Gregor, and / or notes or other records of these, analogue or digital, in the legitimate interest of our ability to efficiently serve your needs as a customer whether in the present or in the future, will be presumed in the absence of express instructions to the contrary at or after the time that the communications occur.
- Consent for us to retain such communications or records thereof may be revoked by any subject at any time by asserting in writing to Gregor the right to be forgotten. In such circumstances, we will make every effort to permanently destroy all such records within a period not exceeding sixty (60) working days.
- If in the course of carrying out our services to you as a client we need to register details of the purchase or servicing of equipment and installations with their manufacturers in order to comply with the terms of their warranty or guarantee, we may do so in the legitimate interest of keeping your warranty or guarantee records valid and up to date. Should you wish us to opt out of registering your purchases or service history with the manufacturers of equipment under guarantee or warranty, you may notify us of your preference and we shall honour it, but please note that you alone shall then be responsible for any claims arising in relation to the guarantee or warranty.
- We reserve the right to share data relating to payments you make to us, where that is necessary for purposes of legal compliance with account-keeping standards for businesses, with a book-keeping and accountancy service.
- We reserve the right to share copies of contact form submissions through our website with a trusted website service provider for the purposes of back-up in the event of the communications failing to reach us as a result of a telecommunications malfunction. Said provider shall remain bound to strict confidentiality on all such communications and will not share them with any parties other than Gregor.
- It is our policy to directly employ all staff assigned to installations, servicing and the handling of telephone calls. Our staff are all bound by our company codes on privacy and GDPR. We may on rare occasions outsource servicing or client work to responsible third parties to cover for staff illness or to meet peak demand. In such cases, they will informed of and bound by the same company codes in relation to privacy and GDPR as our directly employed staff.
- Individuals with whom we have had contact have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about them. In such cases, they will be required first to prove their identity in order to protect the true individuals regarding whom such requests are made. The time taken to process such requests will be charged for at a nominal fee to reflect the staff time costs incurred. You will be informed of and asked to agree to this fee at the time of your request before we proceed further with it.
- Privacy by design is achieved by appropriate processes and regular annual training and refresher sessions for our staff to ensure that they are aware of the importance of keeping personal data private, whether the data belong to clients, business contacts, potential clients or anyone else. [From April 30th 2018, all our directors as well as all our employees and any non-directly-employed parties represented in clause 9 above will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement regarding client data to which they may have access in the course of carrying out their duties.]
- Anonymised data relating to visits to gregorheating.co.uk and any other websites we may use to offer our services will be collected by Google Analytics and Click Tale for use in tracking the performance of our online marketing and seeking to enhance it. We shall not at any time use or attempt to use these data to relate behaviour on the site to the identity of individual customers or web users, nor shall we share them with any parties other than our trusted web marketing service providers, who are bound by a similar and compatible code.
This page was last updated on 2nd December, 2020. Updates to this policy may be posted here from time to time.